This is the template page.
This documentation is transcluded from Template:Translate/doc.
This template is used to create links to articles on other test wikis on top of wiki articles, to manage interwiki links to real wikis and to help with the translation process. It should be used on the /translate subpage of the respective page, which itself should be embedded to the main page.
On the /translate subpage, you can add structured information on how to translate the individual page after embedding the template. General information is added by the template automatically.
This template takes several parameters, most of which are the name of the article in that language.
Supported languages are:
Eng - English Wiki (inside the Test Wiki)
EnT - English Wiki (without a language prefix)
Fra - French
Ita - Italian
Spa - Spanish
Por - Portugese
Tur - Turkish
Hin - Hindi
Pol - Polish
Zho - Chinese
Kor - Korean
Heb - Hebrew
Slv = Slovenian
Ara = Arabic
Lat = Latin
Ukr = Ukranian
Sqi = Albanian
Ben = Bengali
En - English
De - German
Id - Indonesian
Hu - Hungary
Nl - Nederlands
Ru - Russian
Jp - Japanese
Additionally, you can use the title parameter to set an alternative title for the translate bar shown on the main page. Every String is accepted, but make sure it is still short enough. By default, Translate is used.
This option should be used to provide further information of the translation, for example when a page embeds another wiki page and you want to provide a link to both /translate subpages, which would normally be indistinguishable.
For a fully working example, see Test Scratch Wiki Home and Eng:Scratch Wiki Home/translate.
Test Wiki languages
To add a test wiki, you need to do the following steps:
- In the template, scroll to 3. and paste a new line with the following, replacing the language prefix (Spa) and name (Español) with those of the respective language (Note the |):
- Then, move to 6. and do the same for this code (you only need the language prefix here):
Real Wiki languages
To add a real wiki, you need to do the following steps:
- Make sure the language is registered in Special:Interwiki and make sure you are using the right language prefix.
- In the template, scroll to 7. and paste a new line with the following, replacing the language prefix (En) with that of the respective language (Note the |):
- Then, move to 10. and do the same for this code: