The Scratch Wiki community is interested in setting up wikis in other languages. If you are interested in translating and creating a Scratch Wiki in a new language, then continue reading this page. The Scratch Wiki community will help you get started.
Nice places to start:
- scratch-wiki.info — Domain of all International Scratch Wikis
- International-Scratch-Wiki-FAQ - FAQ about how to create and maintain a Scratch-Wiki in your own language. Tries to answer any question that could come up
- ask new questions in this Scratch Forum Thread
- Special:RequestAccount - to create your account here. Instructions on what to say are present on that page.
- Test-Scratch-Wiki:Currently Existing Wikis - Check if Scratch-Wiki for your language already exists
- How-To-Scratch-Wiki - basic information on how to set up a test wiki here
- Scratch Wiki:Become a Contributor - Getting an account
- translating the wiki — forum-topic about translating the wiki
- International Scratch Wikis Stats — Weekly refreshed numbers of edits, articles, active users, admins
- Scratch-Wiki-Watch — overview Link-Tables about all existing Scratch-Wikis their users, admins,activities, setup-parameters and so on. Very helpful to find these informations in forign-language Wikis if you cant't read that language ;-)
- en:S:CPND#We need your help: Apply for getting "International Scratch Wiki Coach" — Thread for those, who want to help building international wikis by coaching the new international authors - contains also a sub-thread at a thread that brought this Test-Wiki into existence: see: How this whole thing started
New Scratch Wikis begin life in the Test Scratch Wiki. The Test Scratch Wiki is basically a giant sandbox where Scratchers can create Scratch articles in their language. If a wiki becomes big enough with enough active contributors, it will branch off into its own official Wiki website.
If we approve of your account application, we'll create an account in the Test Wiki for you. We'll notify you, then you can start making articles, templates, categories and so on in the namespace of your language (eg. EN for english).
- The Scratch Wiki team
Test Scratch Wiki Coaches
|ErnieParke (scratch user, contribs, talk)||USA||admin English + sysop international Scratch Wikis|
|LiFaytheGoblin (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Germany||Scratch Team member; admin international Scratch Wikis, bureaucrat English Scratch Wiki|
|Hamish752 (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Australia||Experienced Wikian English Scratch Wiki|
|KrIsMa (scratch user, contribs, talk)||USA||admin English Scratch Wiki|
|Jvvg (scratch user, contribs, talk)||USA||admin English + sysop international Scratch Wikis|
|Kenny2scratch (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Hong Kong||user English + sysop international Scratch Wikis|
|MakeTheBrainHappy (scratch user, contribs, talk)||USA||Experienced Wikian English Scratch Wiki + admin Test Scratch Wiki|
|Frodewin (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Austria||user Dach Scratch Wiki|
|Programmer1121 (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Germany||user English Scratch Wiki|
|Mtwoll (scratch user, contribs, talk)||Germany||admin + sysop + sponsor international Scratch Wikis|
|Lirex (talk | contribs)||Germany||admin + sysop international Scratch Wikis|
|Admin (talk | contribs)||Germany||controlled by de:User:Akhof; admin + sysop international Scratch Wikis|
- S:FAQ#Can somebody help me?
- en:CP-Thread1 about "Getting International Scratch Wiki Coach"
- en:CP-Thread2 about "Getting International Scratch Wiki Coach"
- see S:FAQ#Where do I get the best overview on what happens at all of the international Scratch-Wikis?