(Redirected from Eng:1.0)
|Variants||1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2|
|Release Date|| 1.0
As this was the first public version of Scratch, there were no previous versions to compare it to. It can be compared to Scratch 1.4, however. One notable difference is the lack of cap blocks. All cap blocks in Scratch 1.4 were stack blocks in 1.0.
|Note:||Sounds from Scratch 1.0 projects are static when loaded with Scratch 2.0 when sounds are compressed.|
Some features include:
- Motion: 16 (13 stack, 3 reporter)
- Looks: 16 (15 stack, 1 reporter)
- Sound: 6 (all stack)
- Pen: 11 (all stack)
- Control: 15 (4 hat, 6 stack, 5 C)
- Sensing: 14 (1 stack, 6 reporter, 7 boolean)
- Numbers: 14 (8 reporter, 6 boolean)
- Variables: 3 for each variable (2 stack, 1 reporter)
Blocks could be activated by double-clicking. Comments did not exist in this release.
- Main article: Experimental Blocks
Scratch 1.0 through 1.2 had some experimental blocks that could be accessed by shift-clicking the "extras" menu (the 1.0 equivalent of Shift-Click-R) and choosing "show experimental blocks".
The Sound palette had some blocks to work with the ScratchMoviePlayerMorph. These were: start movie, stop movie; change seconds by (1), set seconds to (0); change zoom by (10), set zoom to (100)%; change horiz. pan by (10), set horiz. pan to (0), change vert. pan by (10), set vert. pan to (0); change fade by (-10), set fade to (100)%, set fade color to Sensing palette included some camera interaction blocks. All the reporters simply showed "a ScratchSpriteMorph()". Camera support has been added in Scratch 2.0. They were: camera motion, camera direction, camera relative x, camera relative y, camera absolute x, camera absolute y, track motion, track color, auto calibrate red
- There was only one menu. Some features were shown as buttons, while others were lumped into the "extras" menu. There was also an icon for the project notes on the right. The extras menu contained:
- set blocks language
- start single stepping
- import sprite
- import project
- compress sounds
- compress images
- The Green Flag and Stop Sign are much larger.
- There is a button to create a new Scratch Cat (the default sprite) with the other methods of creating a new sprite
- Sprite thumbnails (including the Stage's) show the thumbnail, name, amount of costumes, and amount of scripts. The Stage's background count only shows with two or more backgrounds.
- No Draggable Sprite Feature
- Costume/sound delete button is a button instead of an "x" icon.
There are two known variants of Scratch 1.0: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.
1.0.2 was also not officially released. A build from sometime in 2007, most likely February–March is available here.
The Motion Blocks as of 1.0.
The Looks Blocks as of 1.0.
The Sound Blocks as of 1.0.
The Pen Blocks as of 1.0.
The Control Blocks as of 1.0.
The Sensing Blocks as of 1.0.
The Numbers Blocks as of 1.0.
The Variables Blocks as of 1.0.
The experimental Sensing Blocks dealing with camera.
The Stage Monitors of the experimental Sensing Blocks.
The experimental Sound Blocks.
Sharing a project in Scratch 1.0.
The Scratch 1.0 Paint Editor.