- 1 User: lederniersamourai
- 2 Some questions
- 3 Hi!
- 4 Can you help me with some translation?
- 5 Turkish Scratch Wiki - Progress?
- 6 I found someone to help make the Turkish Wiki!
- 7 English Scratch Wiki - Account Request
- 8 Standardization of the namespaces
- 9 Stardard & language namespaces
- 10 Inline Blocks Plugin
- 11 Question
- Things are going well. Smrman is taking care of it :) - LiFaytheGoblin (talk) 20:19, 20 November 2015 (MET)
- Okay. I hope this will work out anyway... Did you find other people for the french Wiki? Else I guess I could send some mails to some people... - LiFaytheGoblin (talk) 21:36, 21 November 2015 (MET)
Hello LiFayeThe Goblin,
- I have some litte questions for you ... On the home page of the french wiki there is written the number of articles in his wiki. For that we use '''NUMBEROFARTICLES''' But i'd like to know how to set the number of articles who begin with "Fr:Scratch_Wiki_Accueil". I tried something but i'm not sure it works. Can you help me with this template?
- I had another question. Is there some code avaliable to put some Scratch bloc between the text?
- Hi! 1. I don't know but if you leave the NUMBEROFARTICLES it will automatically be correct in the real wiki. 2. Yes, but we don't know how. There is the Scratch Blocks Plugin (more Info: //wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Block_Plugin) But it needs to be updated and it needs to be translated I think. Then it also needs to be included in the wiki. We don't have the knowledge to do that and unfortunately other people who know how to do that are busy :( - LiFaytheGoblin (talk) 22:32, 6 December 2015 (MET)
How do you write a link?
- Great! Also, don't forget to add your signature! put 4 ~ after each other! - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 12:55, 16 January 2016 (MET)
Can you help me with some translation?
Can you help me translate my user page? I'd like to be able to have the small paragraph that is currently there translated to multiple languages that way anyone who comes across it will know I only speak English. I'd also like to link to some users (such as yourself) there so that people can find users who speak their language.
purplebook163 | Talk | Contribs | Edits 📖 📕 🔖 23:06, 31 January 2016 (MET)
- Sure! Only German? - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 00:04, 1 February 2016 (MET)
- "Hi! Ich bin purplebook163. Ich spreche nur English, aber wenn du Hilfe brauchst findest du sicher jemand anderen, den du fragen kannst. Du kannst mein Scratch Profil hier sehen" (hier = here) - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 00:06, 1 February 2016 (MET)
Turkish Scratch Wiki - Progress?
Hi there, LiFaytheGoblin! What is the progress with my Turkish Wiki? I really want to make it and make a whole new wiki so that Turkish users can have a Wiki that they can use and understand. I really want to create a new Wiki that I am actually in-charge of. If is created, could I please at least be an EW as I was a major part of the making of it? Then I would be able to accept/decline account requests and have an important role on the Wiki and it would boost my helping skills. :D ---MysteryMaker- (talk) 20:08, 25 February 2016 (MET)
- Hi! No Turkish user has registred yet. Before we create a new wiki for you, the wiki must be created in the Test Wiki. Please do not ask to become EW or anything else - on the Test Wiki, we don't give powers to anyone. If the Turkish Wiki gets created at some point (requirements!) the admin (a native speaker) will be chosen democratically. Any questions? - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 20:56, 25 February 2016 (MET)
Ok. No, I did not mean become an Admin on the test wiki, I mean an Admin on the future Turkish Official Scratch Wiki. Ok, I am sort of native of Turkish though. Could we look in the sticky Turkish forum I created so we can chat to some more of them people because they sounded like they were interested in becoming a Scratch Wiki contributor. :) ---MysteryMaker- (talk) 21:12, 25 February 2016 (MET)
- I sent you an email via Test Wiki and requested a copy sent to me. How long does the copy take to come? I have still not received one and it has been 15 minutes. -MysteryMaker- (talk) 18:53, 26 February 2016 (MET)
- Oh. The Test Wiki`s `Email this user` service/system must be broken. I think me or you should notify everyone in the CP. -MysteryMaker- (talk) 21:12, 26 February 2016 (MET)
I think it's not that important. Everything can be discussed in the CP and the discussion pages. Don't you think so? I'll still talk about this topic at the meeting on monday. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 21:16, 26 February 2016 (MET)
- Yes, I do agree. However, I do think this should definitely be brought up as we may be able to fix it, but while it`s broken, I recommend you take it off of the Tools section as it is currently not in use. It is also broken on the English Wiki. I wonder why this is. -MysteryMaker- (talk) 21:22, 26 February 2016 (MET)
May I please ask, what are the security reasons for the feature being disabled? I think the home page of the Turkish Wiki is starting to look really good with the pictures and scratchwikiframe! :D -MysteryMaker- (talk) 22:47, 27 February 2016 (MET)
- As you know Scratch doesn't allow private communication and since the english wiki is part of Scratch (unlike us, we are independent) the email sending feature is disabled. I think it makes sense and I'd vote to have it disabled here as well. In the German wiki we know our authors but here anyone can become an author, so to avoid creeps sending kids messages, the feature should stay "broken" or at least be disabled imo. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 23:30, 27 February 2016 (MET)
I think that is a very good reason. However, why not just take the feature away instead of leave it disabled on the toolbar? I think it would make more sense to just delete/remove the feature from all of the Wikis. -MysteryMaker- (talk) 10:02, 28 February 2016 (MET)
The main page for the Turkish Wiki is looking super good. It has the scratchwikiframe for the Scratch News. It has 2 pictures. It is looking awesome. Could you please have a look and tell me what you think? -MysteryMaker- (talk) 10:02, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- Oups I must have missed your messages! Yes, we should remove the link and disable the feature! The main page looks good already! You could add more boxes like the ones you see in the other languages :) - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 11:57, 1 March 2016 (MET)
I found someone to help make the Turkish Wiki!
Hi there, LiFaytheGoblin! DisCroMobiliZatiBle has said that he/she is willing to help me create the Turkish Wiki. He/She is Turkish and is in Turkey. He/She said "I tried to request but I couldn`t because it said that I didn`t post the code". Can you please create him/her an account so they can start helping me edit it please? Thank you, -MysteryMaker-! -MysteryMaker- (talk) 10:16, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- Could you tell them to try registring again? Maybe something went wrong the first time. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 10:49, 28 February 2016 (MET)
English Scratch Wiki - Account Request
Hi there, LiFaytheGoblin! I would like to talk to you about my Scratch Wiki request. ErnieParke said that I should speak to you about it. jvvg has rejected my account request because he thinks that I am CoolBoy5677, but I swear down on my whole life, CoolBoy5677 is my brother and my only Scratch accounts are -TutorialMaster-, -MysteryCreater-, -MysteryMaster- and -MysteryMaker-. I promise all of this is true and I never lie.
My brother can be quite mean sometimes. He gets told off a lot, and I mean a lot. He can sometimes be mean to me too. Our parents deal with it and then it`s forgotten usually. He did have CoolBoy5677 and he did have a Scratch Wiki account for it. He has deleted CoolBoy5677 and he never uses his Wiki account so there was no point of him even requesting one. He has said sorry when I told him that I probably will not get a Scratch Wiki account but I know that he didn`t mean it. He`s a meanie and I don`t like him sometimes for mean things that he does like trying to get me rejected so I don`t get given a Scratch Wiki account. I know it`s sort of hard to believe but is there a way that you can find out about our personal life? Have I told you enough yet? It is my personal life and not your personal life. If it was your personal life, I wouldn`t question you about it because it is your personal life and it wouldn`t be my personal life. He keeps saying that he is hoping and dreaming that my Scratch Wiki account request will get rejected. He keeps whispering it in my ears when he walks past me. I want it to stop and be able to reply back with "I got accepted for SW!!!" and instead of just keep getting annoyed with him. You must understand so please accept this. Don`t let mean, horrible brothers fool you. What other info do you need?
Account Request Notes:
I have read the Scratch Wiki Guidelines and Account Request Information. I would like to add some more information to Scratch 1.4 Offline Editor and Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor. I would add some more specific information about the features and (specifically) add how to upload a project to the Scratch website. I could also add the differences and similarities. I help out in the Scratch Community, the welcoming committee and Scratch Design Studio. My goal is to become an Experienced Wikian (EW). I would really want to become a Scratch Wiki Contributor because all of the reasons that I have said above and that it would help me improve my 2 skills, helping skills and editing/typing skills. I have really good typing skills, both fast and grammatical. I personally that I would be an excellent asset to the Scratch Wiki contribution team and that becoming a Scratch Wiki contributor would be a great asset to my skills. Scratch Wiki looks pretty awesome and it can help New Scratchers and Scratchers of now and of the future. When I first joined Scratch in November (2015), the Scratch Wiki is the first place I went to because I scrolled to the bottom of the page and was going to click Help Page but then I saw Scratch Wiki so I thought that would be a better place to look so I looked and it answered all of my Scratch questions and now I know loads about Scratch because of the Scratch Wiki. I really hope that can happen to other Scratchers too. The Wiki is really helpful and a wonderful place. If you are new and wondering whether to join Scratch or not, the Scratch Wiki is an excellent place and it will encourage them to join Scratch. Before I joined, I had a very quick glance at the Wiki and I was like "Yes, I`m joining!". I really hope I get accepted!
- Hi! Sorry, I think I can't just go ahead and make an account if jvvg thinks it wouldn't be nice. One possibility I see is to have your parents write an email to the Scratch Team to confirm what you say, or even better have them send a voice message to the Scratch Team. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 11:26, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- It's exactly right, if there are problems like this it's good to talk to a Scratch Team member! They can tell you how to solve the issue - which is exactly what I did: "One possibility I see is to have your parents write an email to the Scratch Team to confirm what you say, or even better have them send a voice message to the Scratch Team." :) Please understand that we need to be cautious because we had problems with users before, so the rules need to be very strict! Thank you! - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 11:31, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- They do always reply to serious emails. It might just take a while. I'll make sure they reply to you - I could also let them forward me your parents email, to make sure it gets answered. What do you think? - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 11:36, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- Maybe they can use your email? Or phone the ST or something? - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 11:58, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- That's the problem - that's why I suggested sending a voice message. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 12:07, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- That's a pity... I guess there's nothing we can do then. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 16:51, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- Atm. not... But I wouldn't say "never"... I don't know... Maybe have your parents write an email either way, maybe it's worth a try. - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 17:46, 28 February 2016 (MET)
- Since I am part of the Scratch Team I can guarantee it :) - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 20:44, 28 February 2016 (MET)
Standardization of the namespaces
Some time ago, we have spoken about the fact the namespaces will change from a 2 letter to a 3 letter namespace.
The Turkish Wiki has already received this uptdate but when will we change all the namespaces and the prefixes of the Wiki's pages (including this of the French Wiki)?
Will we use use the InterWikiBot for this?
Thanks for your answer.
- Salut! Je ne sais pas, puisque je n'ais rien a faire avec ca... J'avais trop de choses a faire pour l'univ... Je pense qu'il faudrait mieux demander a ErnieParke ou Mtwoll... :) - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 12:51, 24 July 2016 (MEST)
Stardard & language namespaces
(I've posted this elsewhere, but I don't get an answer so I'll try it here. Hope you can help me.)
I recently joined this site to help on the Spanish test-wiki. I've been checking all the docs here in order to get started properly, but some doubts remain. Hope these aren't answered elsewhere, I promise I looked thoroughly...
- I saw that language namespaces were changed from 2 to 3 digits last year, so in our case from Es: to Spa:. Old Es: pages are there but they correctly redirect to their Spa: counterparts. But: the Community portal (here) is working the other way around, that is, Spa:Portal de la comunidad redirects to Talk:Es:Portal de la comunidad. This may not be a crucial issue, but I suspect that's related to the next question.
- As I create namespaced pages (Help or Templates, for example), should they be Spa:Template:Whatever or Template:Spa:Whatever? That's how I create them via link, anyway? (say writing [[Spa:Template:Whatever]] in an existing page)
- I understand that standard namespaces are usually translated as well, are they? So in our Spanish wiki it would actually be something like Spa:Plantilla:Lo que sea. Do I just create the links like that? Or are these translations done elsewhere for the whole site?
Thanks a lot in advance. Again, I hope I'm not re-asking already answered questions... I'm eager to start editing, but I want to do things in the proper order!!
- Hi! Wow, it's great to see you are so interested :D I'll be glad to answer your questions!
- This is an error. I'm going to change that. Thanks for telling me :)
- Since Spa is the "bigger" namespace it should be Spa:Template:Whatever in my opinion. But we don't have a guideline, which is a real pity. We should discuss this in the next Wiki Meeting, and we'll tell you then. By the way, each monday at 9 (if people register for it) there's a google hangout to talk about the international Scratch wiki. Tell me if you're interested :)
- No, they're not to be translated here. The Wiki software later on your own wiki will understand the english words. As far as I know, they can then be changed in the admin settings. The thing is that THIS wiki here, doesn't understand the spanish words, so please don't translate them just yet :)
- You didn't ask any answered questions, no worries! Please ask away :)
- Wow! Thanks a lot. Everything's much clearer now... I'll start messing around in the next few days, I'll tell you if I have any doubts
- Hi! I hadn't read this answer yesterday... It seems like a good solution to me. I've tried it with categories (Category:Spa/Categoryname) and it works fine, so I guess it will work with templates just the same. Anyway, if you people decide some general strategy at any point, just tell me.
Inline Blocks Plugin
Hi again! I've noticed that I can't use the block plugin inline (using <sb> instead of <scratchblocks>) in the wiki. So, for example, this works:
say [Hello!] for (2) secs
Thanks for your help!
- Hm, interesting! I think this is a feature we didn't include here. I'll post this in the scratch wiki meeting :) - LiFaytheGoblin (Talk|Contributions) 18:32, 12 June 2017 (MEST)
- Thank you! I also noticed these days that the boolean blocks are rounded instead of hexagonal when I use them in the Blocks Plugin:
<() = ()>