En:Scratch Wiki talk:Frequently Asked Questions Hey Sci. Why did you lock the page? Only registered users can edit the wiki anyways? <scratchsig>Dazman</scratchsig> 08:10, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
- It actually means new users can't.
- BTW, speaking of locking, are you able to reach the edit page for this? <scratchsig>Scimonster</scratchsig> 08:12, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
|Text:|| “ You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
This page has been protected from editing, because it is included in the following page, which is protected with the "cascading" option turned on: Template:Navbox You can view and copy the source of this page: ”
- Thanks. Now I have to uncascade it. <scratchsig>Scimonster</scratchsig> 08:16, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yep. I can edit it now. AND YAYYY!!! I have 1000 Edits!!!!!! <scratchsig>Dazman</scratchsig> 08:19, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
Section About Formatting
I think a section about how the Scratch should be formatted in the FAQs would be useful. For example it could tell what should be capitalized and what shouldn't. It would keep the formatting consistent throughout the wiki.<scratchsig>Bsteward</scratchsig> 13:34, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
Would it be good to add "What if I have a question about the Scratch Wiki?". The answer would be to ask in the Community Portal but to check/search the archives to make sure it hasn't been answered before. And also, would it be a General question, or another question? <scratchsig>Legobob23o</scratchsig> 17:07, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- General. <scratchsig>Scimonster</scratchsig> 19:07, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
why would you need to protect
...when new users already get the semi-protected priv. the same time they register?
User:KrIsMa/Sig 23:57, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
- At this point, autoconfirmed protecting is just symbolic. It tells users that they should be extra mindful when editing a page.<scratchsig>jvvg</scratchsig> 00:01, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- ahh, so the protect summary was a bit deceptive. thanks!
- User:KrIsMa/Sig 00:02, 28 January 2015 (UTC)