- "User" redirects here. For a user on the Scratch Wiki, see Scratch Wiki:Users.
- This zho is about people who use Scratch. For the engine which the Scratch 官网 was built on, see ScratchR.
A Scratcher is the name given to anyone who uses Scratch, and registered users on the Scratch 官网. It can also, though, refer to specifically a user on Scratch who has received the "Scratcher" status after being helpful and active, which allows that user some more capabilities, such as using 云端变量.
- Main article: Creating an Account
To become a Scratcher, one must make an account.
The following information must be entered:
- Username (Between 3 and 20 characters)
- Password (Must be at least 6 characters; never share this!)
- Confirm password
- Birth month and year (Will never be shared with anybody, only used for the Scratch 分析统计 site. Also used to confirm if you're the right person when deleting an account.)
- E-mail address (Parent/guardian's e-mail if under 13; do not share this either; will be only used for 信箱验证 or resetting password)
- Gender (male, female, or other)
Following this, an account will be created, with a default Scratch 喵咪 icon.
There has been some discussion on what a Scratcher actually is. It can be any of the following:
- A user on the Scratch 官网
- A user that has uploaded 专案
- A user who uses Scratch
- A user with "Scratcher" status (in contrast to the Scratcher 新手 status)
Despite all members being Scratchers of some sort, there are some official ranks dividing users, and some unofficial ranks as well.
A user new to the Scratch program or website is often considered a Scratcher 新手. Users new to the website have this status as well, even if they have been using the program for a while. Scratch 导师 are Scratchers who help the Scratch Team with creating new Scratch Helper Groups programs. The Scratch 团队 are the administrators of the website, and also the creators of Scratch. Officially, all other users are considered regular Scratchers, but some users differentiate based on their level of experience, activity, and what they specialize in. 策展者 and Scratch 创作坊 curators are also grouped separately by some, and so are 退休的社群管理员.
Note: 社群管理员 are Scratchers who have extra tools to help keep the community safe. In all other respects, they are like regular Scratchers. These are not in the 2.0 Version of Scratch.
There are many users on the Scratch Website, with the number growing every day. There are currently about 10,000,000 registered members.
— the status given to a new user on Scratch
— the status given to Scratch moderators and developers
— the status given to an invited user from the Scratch Team that ended the Community Moderators program
— an upcoming special type of user, designed for classroom use