(Redirected from Eng:Programming Tools)
This page lists tools that can be used to code in Scratch.
- Backdrop: A frame that the Stage can change its look to.
- Blocks: Blocks are used to assemble scripts, which have control over what a project does.
- Broadcast: An item that, when activated, will activate all scripts awaiting its broadcast before deactivating.
- Green Flag: Starts all the scripts that have the hat block When Green Flag Clicked at the beginning of them.
- JoyTail: A program which lets you make a joystick usable with Scratch.
- LEGO Education WeDo Robotics Kit: Allows Scratch to connect to Lego.
- List: A way for storing multiple pieces of information in one place, along with other uses.
- Mesh: A way of letting two Scratch projects interact across computers.
- Mouse Position Monitors: Shows the position of the mouse pointer at all times.
- MIDI Instruments: The instruments used in the Sound Blocks, can be used for songs or sound effects.
- Paint Editor: A tool for drawing costumes or backgrounds.
- Pen: A tool which allows images to be drawn onto the screen by use of scripts.
- PicoBoard: A piece of electronic equipment that allows Scratch projects to interact with the outside world.
- Project Importing: Allows you to import projects into other projects.
- Scratch: The programming language that this is all about.
- Scratch Resources: A site with lots of resources that can be used in Scratch.
- Script: The equivalent to text in other programming languages; scripts control how a project runs.
- Scripts Area: A place to assemble scripts.
- Sound: A piece of noise that can be played with blocks.
- Sprite: An object that run scripts and performs actions depending on those scripts.
- Stage: The scriptable background of a Scratch project.
- Stage Monitors: Displays that can be shown on a project's screen.
- Stop Sign: Stops all the scripts in a project.
- String: A series of keyboard characters
- System Browser: Allows you to edit the source code of Scratch, which allows you to add more features.
- Timer: A built in timer in Scratch that allows the programmer to make use of time duration.
- Variable: A tool for storing information in numbers or strings.
- VM Preferences: Changes settings in Squeak to change how Scratch runs.
- World Menu: Allows you to change lots of settings, and open up lots of windows and browsers to help you.