|Set () Effect to ()|
The Set () Effect to () block is a Looks block and a Stack block. The block sets the specified effect on its sprite to the specified amount. There are seven different effects to choose from: color, fisheye, whirl, pixelate, mosaic, brightness and ghost.
This block is used to set the value of an effect. Some common uses are:
- Changing the color of a sprite with the color effect
- Using the fisheye effect to make a sprite look like it is in water
- Whirling sprites with the whirl effect
- Pixelating sprites with the pixelate effect
- Creating the illusion of multiple sprites with the mosaic effect
- Creating different brightness levels with the brightness effect
if <(light_on?) = [yes]> then set [brightness v] effect to (50) else set [brightness v] effect to (-50)
- Making sprites transparent with the ghost effect
when I receive [Begin! v] set [ghost v] effect to (50) say [Boo, I'm a ghost and I'm going to be your guide for your haunted house tour!] for (5) secs
There can be multiple effects on a sprite at once — effects can be combined to produce even more brilliant effects.
Say () for () Secs
• Say () • Think () for () Secs • Think () • Show • Hide • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Go to Front • Go Back () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Name• Size
|For the Stage|