|This article is a stub. It may be broken, incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If you can help expand this article, please help! There might be suggestions on its talk page.|
Userspace refers to user pages and their subpages. All pages counted in userspace are in the "User" namespace. For example, here is a list of pages in the user prefix.
Editing pages in userspace
You are allowed to edit all pages in your userspace and are allowed to put anything in them that you wish, provided that it meets the Community Guidelines. However, the Wiki Guidelines do not apply in userspace.
In general, although there are no technical restrictions to prevent this, editing pages that belong to another user is not allowed. There are only a few exceptions, which include:
- Removing content that obviously violates Wiki guidelines or Community Guidelines
- Editing pages where the owner has given you permission to edit
User talk pages
User talk pages, even the talk pages of user subpages still are counted as userspace. However, some special rules do apply:
- Any user may leave a comment or reply to a thread on any user talk page
- Any special introductions, formatting, etc. are still counted as userspace (i.e. anything that is not a discussion)
- Even if it is your own page, you are not allowed to edit the messages of other users or remove them (unless you are removing the entire thread) unless the message is disrespectful