Why did InterwikiBot delete all of the templates I made?
- Should Ernies bot look for all templates you copied manualy only to be polite?
- It's because you where acting without cooperating with an already running proccess about the same thing that had a big thread in the CP. S:CP#Interwiki Bot Mass Edit Warning
- When Ernie was planning to create a bot for all templates, and we are discussing in detail how it should be done in the CP, why do you copy templates at the same time manually, without joining in the running discussion?
- Please, Please, Please! Read much and think much before acting. If there is a discussion about something you are interested in, please join it before acting on your own. Just like a good admin would do...
- Because I had to repeat myself very often I come to the conclusion that the main problem is that you do not read carefully enough. If you think I did not mention that so often, it's the best proof that you didn't read carefully...
- But: I would not invest so much time in telling you, if I wouldn't have hope that you will learn and one day will be a great admin :-)
- Mtwoll (talk) 15:35, 4 November 2015 (MET)
- S:CP#Please let's focus on our main target! Mtwoll (talk) 16:33, 4 November 2015 (MET)
- I am okay with the question. I like the curiosity.
- I think what happened was that I originally moved the template pages from Template:Name to Template:En/Name because that was the naming convention we had planned on using. However, we decided to use Template:Name instead, so when I finished transferring templates over with InterwikiBot, I deleted the old Template:En/Name pages.
- Does that answer your question? ErnieParke (talk) 20:50, 4 November 2015 (MET)