The Scratch Team has created many ways to keep the Scratch Website and Scratch Forums a safe and child-friendly place. The Scratch Team moderates the Scratch Website by removing inappropriate and offensive content. Normal Scratchers can help by reporting posts, user comments, studios, and projects. This will bring them to a moderator's attention.
- Main article: Report
Normal Scratchers can help by reporting inappropriate posts, users, comments, projects, and studios.
When should a user be reported?
- If his/her username is inappropriate
- If he/she has an inappropriate icon or inappropriate text in the description fields
When should a project be reported?
- If the project violates the Community Guidelines
When should a comment be reported?
- If the comment contains inappropriate text, spam, or anything else considered inappropriate
When should a forum post be reported?
- If the post contains inappropriate content
- If the post is harassing other users
- Flame Wars
- If it is a duplicate thread on the forums (a thread posted twice)
- If the topic is in the wrong forum category
- If you want your topic to be renamed or closed
- If you want your topic or post to be deleted
- If a topic should be stickied
- Anything else that needs a moderator's attention
When should a studio be reported?
- If the name of the studio has inappropriate text
- If the studio has an inappropriate icon
- If the description of the studio has inappropriate text
- Main article: Community Moderators
There was also a program of Community Moderators (or Forum Moderators) that moderated the Scratch Forums. However, the Scratch Team later announced that the Community Moderators program would be replaced with the Scratch Mentors and Scratch Helper Groups program while the Scratch Team would continue to moderate the forums and the website.
The current moderators that are on the Scratch Team include: