(Redirected from Eng:Notification)
Messages and notifications are Scratch's way of notifying Scratchers of important or minor events typically relating to their projects. If one is logged in, they are accessible here. Some Scratchers also call the messages and notifications area the "Inbox".
If a user has a message, the number of messages will appear surrounded by an orange circle over the envelope symbol in the navigation bar.
Reasons for Messages
Scratchers receive messages for several reasons. Some of these are:
- When someone leaves a comment on one of their projects or their profile
- When someone replies to their comment on a project, studio, or profile
- When there is new activity in a studio they curate
- When they are invited to be a curator of a studio
- When someone follows them
- When someone leaves a reply on a topic they are following on the Discuss section
- When someone loves or favorites one of their projects
- When someone remixes one of their projects
- When there is new posts on a topic they're following.
Scratch Team Alerts
- Main article: Alerts
Sometimes, the Scratch Team contacts a user and a special message known as an alert shows up in their messages, usually if the user behaves inappropriately.
Deleting and Disabling Notifications
|This article or section documents a feature not included in the current version of Scratch (2.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.|
Prior to Scratch 2.0 on the notifications pages, there were two links at the bottom.
- Stop sending me messages when someone leaves a comment on one of my projects.
— Disables receiving notifications when another user comments on their project
- Stop sending me messages when someone leaves a comment on one of my galleries.
— Disables receiving notifications when another user comments on their gallery
Notification Delete Request
Prior to Scratch 2.0, then-Scratch Team member andresmh asked everybody who had a large bulk of notifications to delete them, as it used up a lot of server space.
This is not necessary in Scratch 2.0 as there is no deleting of messages.