|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page.if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
- This eng is about the profile page feature. For the project row on the Front Page, see Featured Projects.
A featured project is an area where a Scratcher can feature a single project on their profile page. This feature works like a showcase, and allows a user to show off their projects in a modest way. The project that is featured is located at the top of the page, between the About me section and the What I've been doing section. The project's thumbnail and a link to the project is displayed.
How to Change Your Featured Project
You can change your featured project by scrolling your mouse over the project into the top left corner of the project. Then, a little black button should appear under your cursor. Click it, then select the project you would like to feature.
Optionally, you can select one of these labels:
- Featured Project
- Featured Tutorial
- Work in Process
- Remix This!
- My Favorite Things
- Why I Scratch
It is possible to feature an unshared project. There are two ways:
1. Make sure you have two tabs open, one should be on your profile, the other one should be on your My Stuff page. The project you want to feature should be shared, but your featured project should be something else. Click the Change Featured Project tag and select the project you want to feature, but do not click OK. Instead, go to your my stuff page and unshare the project to be featured. Then click OK.
2. The project you want to feature should be unshared. Copy the ID of the project (the numbers only), then click the tab on your profile. Right click the thumbnail of any project there (but remember which one!) and click Inspect Element. You should see a line like this: <div class="project thumb" data-id="some numbers"> Right click that line and click Edit HTML. Delete the numbers after data-id and paste the numbers of the project you want to feature there instead. Close Inspect Element, and select the thumbnail of the project you chose. Press OK.
|Note:||Other users will not be able to view the project. Only the thumbnail will be visible.|
Commonly Featured Projects
There are many reasons to feature a project on a profile page, but several include:
- An introduction to one's account or self, like
- A project for account announcements
- A curator project looking for projects to curate
- A project to be proud of
- The top project in terms of views, love-its, or favorites
How To Customize Your Featured Project Panel
- Main article: How To Customize Your Featured Project Panel
To change your featured project, go to Featured Project panel on your profile. Hover over your featured project, and then click “Change Featured Project.” Then simply pick one of the presets from the drop-down menu on that page.
|“||Featured project on profile page is now an image with a link to the project, instead of a small project player. This saves resources, and makes the profile page faster to load.||”|
– Lightnin, Scratch Team
The featured project used to only say 'Featured Project' above it as a description, but now it is customizable. This customization feature was added in an update on the 13th of February, 2015. The description of this update was:
|“||We now have the ability to customize our “Featured Project” panel on our profile page. You can select from 6 presets:
- Featured Project
To do this: Go to Featured Project panel on your profile. Hover over your featured project, and then click “Change Featured Project.” Then simply pick one of the presets from the drop-down menu on that page.
– Speakvisually, Scratch Team