No sprites can move behind the Stage — the Stage is always at the back layer.
There are many differences between the Stage and other sprites. These include the following:
- Is stationary — thus,
- Cannot talk — thus
- Has backdrops instead of costumes
- Cannot be renamed
- Has no "show" or "hide" blocks in the Looks category
- Cannot change layers — it is always at the very back layer.
- Must have a 480x360 dimension
- Space in backgrounds left transparent becomes white automatically
The Stage field has a scripts tab that can be used in the same way as in a sprite, with the following exceptions:
- The 动作类积木, say, think, Show, Hide, 造型, 尺寸, layer, 造型编号, 画笔类积木 (except Clear), When I Start as a Clone, Delete This Clone, touching, and Distance to () blocks cannot be used.
- The 背景换成 () 并等待, 背景换成下一个, and 背景编号 blocks are only for the Stage.
This field is optional.
There is also a backdrops tab that can be used to add, delete, and edit backdrops. This field is required, and you cannot delete a backdrop when it's the only one. The dimensions are always 480x360. Transparent areas automatically become white in the project.
The optional sounds tab is identical to the sounds tab in sprites.
The stage can be 3 different sizes:
- Normal mode; the Stage is 480x360 pixels
- Small Stage Layout
- Main article: Small Stage Layout
- The stage is half the size with a resolution of 240x180 pixels; this is useful for having more room in the scripts area.
- Full-screen mode
- Main article: Full Screen
- fits the player to one's web browser's current resolution